Pilates exercise, especially with the reformer, offers tremendous increases in muscle strength, joint mobility, flexibility and muscle balance.
Pilates is also a great way to improve posture and core strength, resulting in the development of long, lean muscles. Download the Pilates Reformer Studio Schedule (April 2019)
In addition to Pilates Reformer, traditional Pilates mat classes can be found on our Group Fitness Schedules.
What is Pilates?
Pilates is a unique method of exercise developed by Joseph Pilates. The Six Pilates Principles - Centering, Control, Flow, Breath, Precision and Concentration - combined with focus on core strength and torso stability, set this method apart from any other form of exercise. Control of the core is achieved by integrating the trunk, pelvis, and shoulder girdle. Pilates elongates and strengthens the body, improving muscle elasticity and joint mobility through uniform development. A body with balanced strength and flexibility is less likely to be injured.
What is Pilates Reformer?
The most popular and versatile piece of Pilates equipment, the Reformer facilitates hundreds of strengthening and stretching exercises. Its carriage glides on rails, moving in response to the use of attached springs, pulleys and ropes. Try out our Reformer Training today and see results!
Benefits of Pilates Reformer
- Improve strength, flexibility and balance
- Tone and build long, lean muscles
- Challenge muscles to support the core
- Reduces stress, relieves tension, and boosts energy through deep stretching
- Offer relief from back pain stress
- Correct over-training of muscle groups which can lead to stress and injury
- Compliment sports training and develop functional fitness for daily life activities
- Single class card……..$25.00
- 5-class card…………...$115.00 ($10 savings)
- 10-class card………….$220.00 ($30 savings)
- Private 1 on 1………….$75.00
- Private 5-pack………...$350.00 ($25 savings)
- Single class card…….$35.00
- 5-class card…………..$150.00
For more information or to register for Pilates Reformer contact Group Fitness Director, Barb Isaacs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610.328.8873.